Family is a shared embrace
Brings you comfort and builds your faith
It is when you can reach out and know you are not alone
It is when you know you are home.
Family is different colors and different sizes
They can sometimes be full of surprises
But, it only makes everyone much more special
When it is not what you think or who you are
Because you have a special place in their heart
And for that, you are a family.
Written by Lisa Salazar, 2011
For my family-my husband, children, and my family of choice.
- Poetry Friday (booksintheburbs.com)
- Poetry Friday: In Honor of My Friend’s Birthday (booksintheburbs.com)
- Poetry is Music (writeincolour.wordpress.com)
- Keep on reaching / poetry as art (lisameryl.wordpress.com)
- Poetry ~ Hope Hayduk (theriverpaper.wordpress.com)
- All that you are / poetry as art (lisameryl.wordpress.com)
- Poetry’s Longevity (publicpoetry.net)