If thirty-year-old Megan were any more of a doormat, she’d have footprints on her back. She helps anyone and everyone, no matter the cost to herself, and she’s always been that way. Even the thought of withholding her assistance makes her feel sick. Worse, it makes her feel like she’s a bad person, selfish and unkind.
She takes up running purely to avoid gaining weight, but as she trains with her cute but heartbroken coach Andrew she becomes more able to do things she’d never thought she could, both physically and emotionally.
The day before she runs her first marathon, though, her best friend’s demands result in the biggest challenge yet to her developing assertiveness and Megan must decide: cave in as she always has before or stick to her new-found ‘happy pace’ in running and life.
The book is available for only 99 cents at http://www.heatherwardell.com/finding-my-happy-pace.shtml
About the Author:
Growing up, I was an avid (rabid?) reader. I am a natural speed reader, regularly clocked at about 1200 wpm (I read Harry Potter 5 in just under three hours), and always have multiple books on the go, usually on my Kindle.
After careers as a software developer and elementary school computer science teacher, in 2005 I took up the National Novel Writing Month challenge and attempted to write a novel in a month. I succeeded, and the first draft of my first novel “Life, Love, and a Polar Bear Tattoo” was the result. I realized I love writing. I left teaching, and I haven’t looked back since!
Follow The Author:
- Book Review: Size 12 and Ready to Rock by Meg Cabot (literallyjen.com)
- From One Marina Girl to Another – Heather Joy Hampton’s Marina Girl (simplyannette.com)
- Review: Size 12 is Not Fat (bookingmama.net)
- Let Me Tell You About the Book I’m Writing . . . Part 1 (caitlinjacobs.wordpress.com)
- Book Review and Giveaway: Mama Needs a Time Out by Heather Riggleman (csahm.com)
- One Breath Away by Heather Gudenkauf (bluearchipelagoreviews.com)
- Shining the Book Promotion Spotlight on Sara Kay Jordan (bookmarketingbuzz.com)
- Deputies Find Live Grenade In Wardell Missouri Home (wreg.com)
- Amazon’s July Spotlight Book is ‘Shine, Shine, Shine’ by Lydia Netzer (examiner.com)
- Heather Thompson Reacts To Ramona’s “Insecure” Comment (celebs.gather.com)
- Rebecca Wardell on target after first day (3news.co.nz)
- Conference Spotlight ~ Author Café (romanceaustralia.wordpress.com)
- What is your definition of success? (prosewithpoise.wordpress.com)
- DIY Transfers with Heather at Skinny Laminx (itswhatiminto.com)