I hope you had a great Thanksgiving this year! Every year, I prepare a huge meal and my family and I eat and watch movies together. I used to split my time between families, which can really add up when I have divorced parents. However, it left me exhausted, emotionally spent, and it seemed that me and my kids spent more time on the road than in any one place. So many years ago, my husband and I decided to cook at home and enjoy our day of thanks with our children. It has been the best new tradition for us and it means eating in your pj’s, relaxing, cooking at my own speed, and spending the day with those that matter most to me. I realized that we already see our family and can see them any other time, why add stress and travel to our day, too…right?! Later that evening, my dad and his family joined us for some dessert and we all got to watch a movie. It really was a great relaxing day for us.
I know you all realize this a blog that I do on my spare time and write about books that I’ve read. I also love sharing books…what better way to recycle?!? So, I’d like to give you some books that I have sitting on my shelf waiting to be opened and enjoyed. I have quite a few genres available and rather than let you know the title of the books, I’ll have you pick a genre and 3 winners will be chosen. I will email you that you won and give you 24 hours to give me your address and a surprise book in your genre will be sent to you by mail! How fun that would be, right?
I have never done this and it’s kinda like a Secret Santa, only I’m not getting anything back in return and it doesn’t cost you anything. It’s just my way to say thanks to you for subscribing to my blog, reading my entries, and joining me on my reading adventure! I hope you have a great weekend and know how thankful I am for you!
In the comments section, please add your email and the genre you would like to enter for.
There are no requirements to enter!
The genres available are:
- Contemporary Fiction
- Historical Fiction
- Christian Fiction
Giveaway ends: December 15, 2012. 3 Random Winners using Random.org!
Also, don’t forget to enter the book giveaway for Yellow Crocus!
- Giving of Thanks (noellemarie75.wordpress.com)
- What I Am Thankful For (courcydesign.com)
- Thankful Thursday: Family and food (runservecook.wordpress.com)
- Thanksgiving 2012 (winingwife.com)
- Thankful…. (christopheraharper.wordpress.com)
- Lost and Found: A Thanksgiving Story About The Unlikely and Incredible Partnership Between Children Thousands of Miles Apart. (honeymustard9.wordpress.com)
- Page 326: Giving Thanks (smallcharming.wordpress.com)
- A Thankful Thanksgiving (inspiredeverymoment.wordpress.com)
- 3 Things to be Thankful for Everyday (simplybrittaknee.wordpress.com)
- Thankful Thanksgiving (athleteagain.wordpress.com)