Yesterday, I received an email from Samantha Leighanne from Leighanne’s Lit. She gave me, along with some other bloggers, the Liebster Blog Award. Any award makes my day…especially since I am a new blogger and love to know that there are readers out there who enjoy reading my posts. However, being the researcher that I am, I decided to find out who created this award and what is it exactly for.
This is the information I found:
1. Rumor has it that someone in Germany, possibly someone named Liebster, created an award for new bloggers to show appreciation and thanks for their blog.
3. Liebster means “beloved” in German and Spanish.
2. You can only receive the award from another blogger, who has also received the award.
3. Awards are to be passed forward to other bloggers, 3-5 blog sites, with followers of 300 or less.
4. Once you give the award to a fellow blogger, you are to contact the blogger and let them know.
5. Copy and paste the award on your blog.
So, I’d like to thank Leighanne for this wonderful honor!
In no specific order, I am awarding the Liebster Blog Award to the following bloggers:
1. Julie at Booking Mama: Julie introduced me to one of my all time favorite books: The Paris Wife by Paula McLain. Julie is a busy momma, like me, and has the same love of books I do in the same genre! So, I truly enjoy reading her book reviews. AND…while I have not won a book yet from her blog, she gives some great book giveaways, too!
2. Michelle at Life in Review: I enjoy reading Michelle’s blog posts. While I am Christian, I have to admit that before last summer, I just didn’t read Christian fiction. I would go to bookstores and scan them, deciding to buy a Bible or study book instead. However, there have been some great break-authors and their writing has been incredible! To my amazement and delight, Christian fiction covers topics that are real life situations, aren’t drowned with “you will burn in hell” statements, and are not cheesy whatsoever! It has been nice to read a fellow blogger’s reviews on Christian fiction books
3. Laurel Rain-Snow at Accidental Moments: I first started reading Laurel’s blog when I joined The Sunday Salon. While I have never met her, she just has this laid-back personality on her blog. When I read her posts, I feel that it is she and I sipping coffee as she tells me about her day. She also has the same taste in books that I do!
4. Debbie Ashley Nance at Readerbuzz: I have had the pleasure of meeting Debbie at one of my book club meets. She is as friendly and charming in person as she is on her blog. I love that she is a librarian and blogs about all kinds of books. She also weaves into her blog personal life tidbits, which is always great to read!
5. Karen’s Sister at Coming East: I just recently started following this blog and enjoy reading these posts! She is witty, has some hilarious post titles, and writes about the mundane in a funny and interesting way.
Please take some time to read their blogs, too! I hope you enjoy them as much as I have.
- Liebster or Love – Another blog award! (artycrafty.wordpress.com)
- Christian Fiction Finally (hopeofglory.typepad.com)
- MyChristianFiction.com Debuts Sensational Selection of Christian Books & More (prweb.com)
- Healing Hearts (cleffairy.wordpress.com)
- Sharing the Truth in Fiction (cynthiaherron.wordpress.com)
- Monday Mini-Review (booksintheburbs.com)
- Christian Fiction (hopeofglory.typepad.com)
- 2011 Christy Award Winners (jeanettewrites.wordpress.com)
- Book Blogger Appreciation Week Sept 12-16 (bookjourney.wordpress.com)
- Book Blogger Appreciation Week 2011 (bookdout.wordpress.com)
- Sunday Salon: Naval gazing – or re-evaluating my book blogging (bluearchipelagoreviews.com)